fbpx

Reply: Classes accepted for contact hours

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Classes accepted for contact hours

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
13 years 2 months ago #1814

Cornelius Fichtner

Rodrick,

There is an easy answer and also a difficult one...

Easy answer: You are a customer of The PM PrepCast. Once you have passed our Final Exam you will receive a 35 contact hours certificate. That is all that you need for your PMP Exam in regards to contact hours.

Difficult answer: You would need to review each hour of the courses that you have taken and evaluate them against the Contact Hour requirements that PMI outlines at the bottom of page 8 in the handbook at http://www.pmi.org/en/Certification/~/media/PDF/Certifications/pdc_pmphandbook.ashx . The classes that count must be directly related to project management. Excel classes would not count. It would probably take quite a bit of time figuring out what counts and what doesn't. Time that you could invest into preparing for the exam.

So the choice is yours. You can go the easy or difficult route. (Guess what my recommendation would be... ;-)
13 years 2 months ago #1812

Rodrick Burke

I have a B.A double major in Math and Physics. I was lookign through my transcript and wanted to know if there are any classes that I may contribute to the contact hours on my application. What general type of classes will PMI except as contact hour? Do they accept computer classes such as xcel spreadsheet classes? Please advise in regards to this question.

Regards
Rodrick Burke

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login