fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: PMP recommended preparation material

PMP recommended preparation material 13 years 4 months ago #1720

• DUNG LE
  • DUNG LE's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Cornelius et al,

I have finished studying PMBOK 4th, PMPrepcast and PMP Study Guide authored by JOSEPH PHILLIPS (ISBN: 978-0-07-162670-5). However, I got comments from other PMP certified friends that Rita Mulcahy preparation book should be the best. Do you think PMP study guide has to be Rita Mulcahy to be able to pass PMP? Or if I have done good with 3 material above, I should go ahead with taking the exam instead of spending more time to go over Rita Mulcahy book?

Thanks for your advice.
Dung.

Re:PMP recommended preparation material 13 years 4 months ago #1722

• Cornelius Fichtner
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • President, OSP International LLC
  • Thank you received: 606
Dung,

That is truly a matter of personal preference. When I studied for the PMP Exam, I tried the Rita book and I didn't like it. It simply didn't work for me. (That much said, I want to make it clear that thousands of people have used it and passed the exam because of it. It just didn't "jive" with me. That's all).

So if you are happy with the book from Phillips and if you feel that you are well prepared then don't buy another book. Instead, I recommend that you spend that money on an online PMP Exam simulator and practice on exam questions instead. I recommend www.pm-prepcast.com/readysetpass
Until Next Time,
Cornelius Fichtner, PMP, CSM
President, OSP International LLC
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login