fbpx

Reply: plenty of material and confused what to read

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : plenty of material and confused what to read

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
13 years 5 months ago #1656

Dhananjay Venuri

Thank you for the kind suggestions completed exactly as guided with thye prepcast suggestions...

1) yes completed the 35 hours training - more then 2 weeks though...COMPLETED
2) Scheduled the exam..--- COMPLETED
3) purchased the PMBOK guide... Not sure will be able to completely read through..I started off with the abrevations and glossary...---- Do we really need to read this????---CAN I SKIP THIS STEP AS I HAVE EXAM in 14 days..

4) Purchased rita mulachy exam prep and reading through the book...

5) I have purchased the actualtests examination papers... hopefully this help. I did not find any practise tests from prepcast else would have purchased exam simulation software.

Thanks
Dhananjay
13 years 5 months ago #1647

Sreenivas Kumar Konanki

Dhananjay,
Based on my experience, I would suggest to go through PMBOK first, this will give you a gist of PM Processes, Then go through the PMPrepcast this will give you a clear understanding and then finally go through PMBOK second time. Last take as many practice exams as possible, there are many free exams and paid exam available.

After you do this, you are all set for the exam. All the best

-Sreeni
13 years 6 months ago #1645

Cornelius Fichtner

13 years 6 months ago #1644

Dhananjay Venuri

Thank you for the prompt response and suggestion. Just watched the first lesson "introduction to project Management" and found it very useful while reading the PMBOK lesson. I now want to access the second session but i see most of the sesions non sequential. While I am researching any quick tips.
13 years 6 months ago #1643

Cornelius Fichtner

Dhananjay,

The best approach is to go through them alternatively. The PM PrepCast lessons are numbered according to the PMBOK Guide. For instance lesson 4.1 is PMBOK Guide chapter 4.1.

So watch our lesson, then read the chapter. You can also do it the other way around. Try both and see what works better for you.
13 years 6 months ago #1642

Dhananjay Venuri

Should i read pmbok first or review the pmcast material first?

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login