fbpx

Reply: questions from oliverlehmann

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : questions from oliverlehmann

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
13 years 6 months ago #1621

Kurian Thomas

Thanks for your response. I too found the questions in no other places as difficult as in www.oliverlehmann.com . I will give a try on questions from pmstudy.com.
13 years 6 months ago #1620

Kathleen Wagner

In my opinion the sample questions of Oliver Lehmann are great to be not too confident about ourselves, but don't show a realistic picture of difficulty. None of other sample questions have been that difficult. For example, the RTY concept is too specific (even for sure, there might be concepts mentioned in exam, which are not noticed in PMBOK). Same for his sample questions of calculations. With several interim calculations they don't match PMI concept of average time for each question. So I appreciate to had these sample questions, but did not put too much weight on them.

The sample questions I liked were from pmstudy.com, one complete test exam is available for free. I spend one whole Sunday with this- first taking the test exam, later the written correction- great for learning and strengthen the weakest points (which at this time funnily was Herzbergs Theory).
13 years 7 months ago #1611

Cornelius Fichtner

All,

I contacted Oliver Lehmann personally and here is what he has to say:

I hope this message finds you well.

Candidates should feel well prepared if they achieve 75% in prep question collections with high difficulty, 82% in collections with low level of difficulty.

Here is a list of providers of free questions with a marker “H” for those with difficult questions: www.oliverlehmann.com/pmp-self-test/75-f...tions.htm#providers_

Consistent feedback from test-takers is that the difficult questions mirror the exam much better than the easier ones.

Some further things:

1. Don’t expect an easy test. The value of the PMP credential is to some degree an effect of the high level of the test.

2. If you cannot answer a prep question correctly, this is a moment to learn. It may be more satisfying to answer prep tests with high success rate, but this would not be what I call preparation.

3. PMI has many different collections of exam questions. If someone after the test tells you that he hasn’t seen a question on PTA or NPV in his exam, don’t assume that PTA or NPV is not part of the test. Others have seen up to three.

4. Test items (questions – answer combinations) are re-written at PMI in an ongoing process. You may see questions in your exam that no other test-taker has seen before you.

5. The PMP test is not “Memorizing the PMBOK”. The CAPM would match that description.

PMP questions are more of the style “Do you know project management?”

6. I know that there is a lot of cheating regarding the 35 contact hours.

If you want to be a PMP and promote yourself with pride using that title, follow the correct process, make a great learning experience out of that and use it to improve your personal quality as a project manager.

Then, use prep tests and other sources to be able to jump over a height of 8 feet when the bar will lie at 7 feet.

13 years 7 months ago #1610

Kurian Thomas

I wanted to take the exam with a gap of one month and during these 30 days I could put some good plan for preperation. But, after scoring quite low, I'm not very confident. I may be able to decide better by next week.

When are you planning to take the exam? We can exchange ideas over chat and help each other.. My yahoo id is This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Thanks,
Lijo
13 years 7 months ago #1609

NAGARAJAN KRITHIVASAN

I am almost in the same place as you. I have not taken may cert exams but have done fair amount of reading ( ITTO and other concepts ) - I initially tried Oliver 75 too and my heart sank :) I have a fair idea on my weakness and Oliver caught me on the wrong foot always. I have now decided to strengthen those and come back to Oliver and see how i am doing.

Did you try certchamp ? I heard it is good and not expensive ( $49 for 1500 + questions )

When are you going to take the exam ? May be we can form study group if possible through yahoo im chats and help each other ?
13 years 7 months ago #1608

Kurian Thomas

Hi,
I've gone through PMP Head First, Rita's PMP Exam prep and the PM Prepcast Audios once and took the exam at www.oliverlehmann.com/ . I took the 75 questions test and about 100 questions from the PDF and my scoring rate was about 52%. I found the questions were quite tough. Does any one have any comparision with questions on other sites?

My thinking was to register for exam with a gap of 1 month, during which I can complete the same set of materials twice (including a full week study prior to exam). But, after taking the exam from lehmann's site, I don't feel confident to do so. Can you please suggest if you have any thoughts that can help?

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login