fbpx

Reply: depreciation on pmp exam?

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : depreciation on pmp exam?

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
13 years 9 months ago #1561

Andreas Dietle

There is a language aid, but I read in some forums, that it takes you a lot of time, because you have to switch frequently between the two languages. The second disadvantage is that the study material and the sample questions are in english, at all. By the way, I requested the German language aid, certainly, in case I did not understand some vacabularies or the hole questions.

Thank you for your reply.
13 years 9 months ago #1560

Akhil Behl

I think you do have the option of getting the exam in your native language too!
13 years 9 months ago #1549

Andreas Dietle

Dear Cornelius,

many thanks for your quick answer.

Andreas
13 years 9 months ago #1548

Cornelius Fichtner

Andreas,

1. It is a known fact that non-native English speakers have a more difficult time with the PMP Exam. In my case, it took me 3hours 58minutes to complete my "real" exam. There is only one way around it: Practice, practice, practice. Just continue to answer as many sample questions as you can to learn the language and get used to the speed. I don't know of another way.

2. Yes. Formulas are indeed part of the exam. When you read the lessons learned from others, you generally either see "I didn't have many formulas on the exam" or "Man, was I glad that I studied the formulas!". So I recommend that you know them. Try our PMP Formula Study Guide at http://www.pm-formulas.com
13 years 9 months ago #1547

Andreas Dietle

I am currently preparing for the PMP Exam. I am using Rita Mulcahy Exam Prep Book, PMBOK Guide and the PrepCast, certainly.

1. Because of I am not a native english speaker, I usually have to read every question twice very slow, especially long situational questions. In the end of the Exam simulations, I am running out of time. If I anser questions without time limit, I reach 90% correct answers :) , but I only reach about 70%, if I am using time limits :( . Does someone have a tip for me how to improve speed? Which help can I expect from the language aid?

2. In one of the commercial available example questions were some questions about depreciation. I did not find this type of questions in the other sources. Can someone tell me whether this field of knowledge is part of the PMP Exam?

I am looking forward to your answer and thank you very much.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login