fbpx

Reply: Passed the Exam

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed the Exam

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
13 years 11 months ago #1458

Nitin Mathur

Thank you so much Robert for your inside and detailed response, much appreciated.
13 years 11 months ago #1457

Robert Schneider

I read the PMP Exam Prep book by Rita Mulcahy and portions of the PMBOK. Generally, I listened to the Podcasts for a knowledge area, then read the associated chapter in her book to reinforce. I referenced the PMBOK when I would review answers to sample questions which I got wrong during practice tests.

I only spent about five minutes doing the "brain dump". I only wrote down the basic formulas I had memorized. I found during my practice tests that this wasn't an important technique for me. With that said, I know that many people advocate taking 15 minutes or longer to really write all things down in case they get nervous later in the test. My advice is to take some practice tests and see what helps you. I was able to answer all questions in three hours. I spent the last hour reviewing my answers.

At the center I took the exam, I was able to take a break at any time. I had to leave the testing room and sign out. I was not allowed to leave the building. I was allowed to go into my locker but not reference any written material. You can eat a snack if you brought something. I was allowed to use a rest room. You are not allowed to bring anything into the testing room other than your identification card and locker key. They gave me two pencils, some paper and a calculator.
13 years 11 months ago #1456

Nitin Mathur

Congratulations! Hope are celebrating and having fun now! May I ask 4 questions :-

1.Did you read any books in preparation for your exam
2.How much time did you had for during the brain dump for formulas
3.What’s the process for break during the exam

Thanks,
Nitin
13 years 11 months ago #1452

Robert Schneider

I passed the exam today in no small part thanks to the PM Prepcast. These 30 minute lessons made up the bulk of my learning over the past few months. I also used practice tests, but the real help was the PM Prepcast. This really made up for not taking an actual training class or boot camp. The best part is that I could re-watch lessons I had trouble with. Thank you Cornelius!

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login