fbpx

Reply: Passed PMP Exam First Attempt on 4/1/4/10

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed PMP Exam First Attempt on 4/1/4/10

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
13 years 11 months ago #1475

Michael Jude Fernandes

Thanks for your share mate.
13 years 11 months ago #1445

Gregory Kirk

Believe me, the exam is difficult! Some of the questions are difficult to understand (perhaps those are the 25 experimental questions) and others it is hard to be 100% sure you've marked the correct answer.
This is what worked for me. I would advise that you read some PMP exam experiences and develop a system that works for you.
Materials:
PM-Precast (35 contact hours)
PM Formulas
Andy Crowe's Book Pass PMP on First Attemp
Rita Mulchay's Book
Exam Prep (Rita Mulchay I think)
PMBok
Watched a Knowledge area from PM Precasts
Read same section in Andy Crowe's Book
If something was not understood, reinforced it with Rita's book or the PMbok
Exam Stimulator on that knowledge area. Lowest score 70, highest score 95.
I would review my answers immediately to see if I had the correct answer before preceeding to the next question. If you wait until the end of the practice exam to grade your quiz you will not fully understand or review the questions you guessed correctly and may miss them again.
Repeat for each section
Took 3 4 hour practice quizzes (70, 74, 78)
I did not read the entire PMBok guide. I just assumed that there was no way PM Prepcast, Andy Crowe and Rita Mulchay would be that far off base.
I did not memorize all the inputs, tools and outputs. I gained a complete understanding of each ITTO and how it was applied.

Exam:
The first 40-50 questions were very difficult. Wasn't feeling very confident. Completed 75 questions in 1st hour then took a 5 minute break.
Finished next 75 questions in about an hour then took another break.
Completed the final 50 questions in about 45 minutes then took a 10 minute break, had a Mountain Dew then used the remaining time to double check my answers. Double checked 178 of 200 before time ran out. While double checking my answers I found out that once I reviewd the first 75 questions, most of them were good solid answers. I marked a lot of questions for review by answered them anyway in case I ran out of time.
Took survey at the end of exam, then received message I passed exam. Front desk stamps a seal on your temporary certificate and you recieve a copy via email.
Hope this helps.
Once I completed all Knowledge Areas I began taking 4 hour exams

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login