fbpx

Reply: Plan Risk Responses (11.05)

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Plan Risk Responses (11.05)

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
13 years 11 months ago #1408

Robert Schneider

Thank you Cornelius. That makes me feel better. The Prepcast has been great. It is like having my own personal training class available anytime I need it ... much better than actually taking a class. I take the PMP exam at the end of April 2010.
13 years 11 months ago #1407

Cornelius Fichtner

Robert,

The answer is really simple: "Because Cornelius made a mistake". The correct answer is "Mitigation".

Please refer to the PM PrepCast Errata Sheet (Episode 00.02 I think). This is a PDF document in which we are listing this as a correction.

Sorry for confusing you! (But the good news is that you have obviously and correctly understood the concept because you noticed my mistake.)
13 years 11 months ago #1406

Robert Schneider

I have a question regarding the difference between "avoidance" and "mitigation" of a risk.

In prepcast 11.05, at 38:45 minutes into the podcast, Cornelius poses the following sample question: What is reducing the impact of a risk event by reducing the possibility of its occurrence called? He states that this is "avoidance".

The PMBOK says that Mitigation is the reduction in the probability and/or impact of an adverse risk event.

Why isn't the answer to Cornelius' question "mitigation"?

Help ... this is really confusing me. :unsure:

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login