fbpx

Reply: Work Experience on PMI Application

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Work Experience on PMI Application

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
13 years 11 months ago #1435

Cornelius Fichtner

Gilbert,

You are welcome! There are 3 great ways to tell others about The PM PrepCast:
- You can mention it on Facebook or Twitter
- You can write about it on your blog
- You can tell your PM colleagues at work about it

Thanks a lot for helping to spread the word!
13 years 11 months ago #1434

Gilbert Carrozza

Thank you! And by the way, I would highly recommend your course to anyone preparing to take the PMP certification exam.
13 years 11 months ago #1426

Cornelius Fichtner

Gilbert,

In a case like this you need to do the best that you can and estimate. I had to do exactly the same when I filled in my application. My company didn't have an accounting system at all, so it was even more difficult.

My recommendation is to estimate and then give your estimation to your supervisor(s) for review. Ask them if they agree with your estimation. That way you can be certain that you estimated right and that they will approve your hours should there be an audit.
13 years 11 months ago #1397

Gilbert Carrozza

I haved worked for the same IT company for the last 6 years as a Senior Systems Consultant. I have particpated in many projects of short and medium duration. I have had duties ranging from Account Rep to Project Manager to Technical Lead. On some Projects I have assumed all of the above roles. My company has changed accounting systems at least three times in the last 4 years making it difficult to collect the dates and hours worked on various projects. Should I collectively document my work experience on the application to PMI through my current employer or should I try to reconstruct my Project experience, even if I have to estimate the dates and hours worked on those projects?

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login