fbpx

Reply: Passed the PMP exam today 07/04/2010.

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed the PMP exam today 07/04/2010.

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
13 years 11 months ago #1394

Narendra Gentyal

Thanks to Mr. Cornelius for the valuable guidance provided in his "prepcast" and "formula study guide"

Got "Proficient" in 3 Process Groups : Planning, Monitoring & Controlling and Closing. The remaining I got "Moderately Proficient"

Preparation:

I used the following materials to study (studied in the order mentioned):

1) PMBOK guide (2 Times, I could not understand anything...neither could i remember ..!!)

2) Prepcast (simultaneously with PMBOK guide...listen one episode and read the corresponding episode in PMBOK guide)

3) Andy Crowe (1 Time)

3) Rita (2 times simultaneously with PMBOK guide)

4) Again Rita Mulcahy with PMBOK Guide ( the third time..)

The first two times I read the PMBOK i was not able to understand anything, neither was i able to remember anything...was wondering whether i could ever pass the PMP exam..

Then I came across PM Prepcast...where i got proper directions for preparation..On the suggestion of Mr. Cornelius...I purchased two more books...Andy Crowe and Rita Mulcahy...which, i found, are very very good books for preparation.( esp Rita)

Actual Exam:

I used the first 15 mins to prepare my "brain-dump" sheet (as suggested by Mr. Cornelius)which was very useful during the course of the exam. I didn't have to remember anything and my mind was free.

The questions were very tough..some i could not even understand...i just used the process of elimination..to answer many questions. One thing i found surprising was the questions actually contained words in capital letters..like FIRST..LAST...LEAST etc...contrary to what i heard in prepcast and other materials.

There were many ITTO questions. I guess i got many of them wrong..I was able to complete the test in 2 hrs 45 mins..i had marked about 30/40 questions..which took another 45 mins to answer. I could review only 60 questions in the remaining time.

Finally it was satisfying to see the result "PASS"

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login