fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: 35 hours of project management education/training

35 hours of project management education/training 2 months 1 week ago #31466

• Elena Zelenevskaia
  • Elena Zelenevskaia's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 4
Hi Mian!
35 hours training course is enough even if you completed the course 5 years ago (considering that you also meet the rest of the criteria.
You can find more info here: www.pmi.org/certifications/project-management-pmp/how-to-apply

Elena.
Elena Zelenevskaia, PMP
Community Moderator

35 hours of project management education/training 2 months 1 week ago #31467

• Mian Taimur
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I completed a 35+ hour project management course about five years ago. I have the certification of completion. I am now planning to fill the application as I intend to take PMP exam in July 2024. I have two questions in this regard

-Shall this course which was completed five years ago suffice the requirements for 35+ hour project management training?
-Besides this course I have also completed several other short course in project management e.g. courses on linkedin. If the learning period is more than 35 hours should I list total hours and the detail of all courses?[/li]

35 hours of project management education/training 2 months 1 week ago #31468

• Cornelius Fichtner
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • President, OSP International LLC
  • Thank you received: 607
The course you completed five years ago is sufficient (on its own) to cover the 35 hours you need. You do not need to include additional course and "go above" 35 hours in your reporting.

However... the course you took was 5 years ago, which means that you probably took a course that was based on PMBOK Guide 5 or 6... correct? So the knowledge you have from back then may be outdated and you can consider a "refresher" course. In particular, your course back then probably did not include any mention of Agile methodologies, but the current PMP exam is 50% about agile.

So... while the course covers the technical requirement (35 hours), you yourself probably need to study up on the latest knowledge required for the exam.
Until Next Time,
Cornelius Fichtner, PMP, CSM
President, OSP International LLC
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenAlexander AnikinElena ZelenevskaiaChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login