Welcome, Guest
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: Hours spent leading and directing project tasks

Hours spent leading and directing project tasks 6 years 9 months ago #1337

• Daniel Antonio Rodriguez Hernandez
  • Daniel Antonio Rodriguez Hernandez's Avatar
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Electrical Engineer
Hi Cornelius,

I'm currently trying to start to fill my PMP Application. But I have some question I would like to share with you in order to have some support. Let me describe my situation.

I've been working for about 6+ years in the Telecom area and, of course, I've been always involved in projects (not always as a PM). So, my questions are:

- If I've been working on a project as a team member, can those hours count to the experience in the application?

- The PMP Handbook states that are "... hours spent leading and directing project tasks...", does that is considered only as a PM?. It references the "Project Management Professional Examination Specification" but I've seen on the PMI portal, this is a document we have to pay for it.

- I'm currently working as a Project Quality Manager, can those hours count for my application?.

- Do my Internship’s hours count for my application?.

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Best Regards.
Daniel Rodríguez Hernández
Moderators: Yolanda Mabutas, Ahmed Amin, Scott Gillard, Michael DeCicco, Rahul Kakkar, Fernando Jr Sinlao Lim, Mary Kathrine Padua, Chris Preziotti, Lazard Toe, ITBMC, MPM, CIPM, PMP, ITIL, Christian Winter, Kevin Nason, Michael Sumaquial, PMP, Mark Wuenscher, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®