fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: PMP ExamPrepbook Based on 7th edition - Which is best to buy and study ?

PMP ExamPrepbook Based on 7th edition - Which is best to buy and study ? 2 months 3 weeks ago #31159

• Arun K
  • Arun K's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi All,

May i know from where can i get "achieve pmp exam success 7th edition by Diane Altwies and Janice Preston " book. I cant see this book based on PMBOK 7th edition online or "The PMP exam how to pass it on first try" by Andy Crowe. Both these books i can see , but not based on 7th edition PMBOK.

In other words which is the best PM exam prep book which is published based on 7th Edition of PMBOK . Is The book by Rita Mulcahy is good to go ?

PMP ExamPrepbook Based on 7th edition - Which is best to buy and study ? 2 months 3 weeks ago #31160

• Harry Elston
  • Thank you received: 144
Arun,

I would try Amazon first. As for extra study material, you may want to to also look at Head First PMP workbook. I know that it's been updated for the new exam.

Harry
+++++
Harry J. Elston, Ph.D., CIH, PMP

[email protected] 1 month 3 weeks ago #31203

• Anonymous
  • Anonymous's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Thanks Harry, i am searching in Amazon, but i dont see any PMP exam Prep book by any author based on 7th edition of PMBOK except by an author named " Rita Mulcahy"
So i am confused as i heard from corniliers PMP videos they suggest books from authors " Diane Altwies and Janice Preston" or "Andy Crowe" . But these authors books are not based on PMBOK 7th edition, they are based on 6th or 5th..Can you please give your best suggestion on this on which book i have to select ?

[email protected] 1 month 3 weeks ago #31204

• Harry Elston
Arun,

I cannot this morning as I am in a time crunch. I'll poke around tonight.

Harry
+++++

PMP ExamPrepbook Based on 7th edition - Which is best to buy and study ? 1 month 3 weeks ago #31211

• Ashwini Padiyar
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
HI Harry,
I am taking the PMP in couple of months. I got the Head First and really liking it . I got the fourth edition that ccvers PMBOK 6th edition and it says that it is updated for the 2021 PMP Exam. Would this book be ok ?
Since its based on the 6th edition. www.amazon.com/Head-First-PMP-Management...sional/dp/1492029645

for prep - I am taking the Prep Cast training + Prep cast Simulator + Head First PMP -

I wanted to get your opinion if the prep material I Mentioned would suffice? I look forward to your reply.

PMP ExamPrepbook Based on 7th edition - Which is best to buy and study ? 1 month 3 weeks ago #31215

• Harry Elston
Good morning Ashwini:

Sorry for the delayed response. I was at a professional meeting yesterday and didn't have access to a computer to write back.

My daughter passed the PMP exam late last year and used the exact same method you're using: PrepCast + Simulator + Head First PMP (the latest edition). She also recognized that it wasn't PMBOK 7, but she found it very helpful in learn how to "think" for the PMP exam.

One of the biggest things to remember is that when you go to answer questions - do not answer them the way YOU would work the situation, but as how PMI/PMBOK says you should work the situation. The exam is solely based on standard practice, not necessarily reality in any given scenario.

Best of luck!

Harry
+++++

PMP ExamPrepbook Based on 7th edition - Which is best to buy and study ? 1 month 3 weeks ago #31216

• Ashwini Padiyar
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi Harry
Thank you so much for your response. I really appreciate it. Congratulations to your daughter for her success on the PMP.
Can you please let know if the head first pmp that I referred the amazon link is the latest one. It says it updated for 2021 exam but js based on PMbok 6?

Could you please let me know? There hasn't been any new publish for head first pmp.

PMP ExamPrepbook Based on 7th edition - Which is best to buy and study ? 1 month 3 weeks ago #31217

• Harry Elston
Ashwini - Amazon is telling me it's the 4th edition: ISBN 1492029645

Harry
+++++

PMP ExamPrepbook Based on 7th edition - Which is best to buy and study ? 1 month 3 weeks ago #31219

• Ashwini Padiyar
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi Harry,
Appreciate your quick response. Yes . My worry is that this is based on the 6th PMBOK (4th edition of Head FIrst PMP) . Did your daughter use the same one ? I am assuming she did since this book came out in 2018.

Would it matter if the head first pmp is not based on PMBOK 7th edition since it still updated for the 2021 PMP Exam. I am still doing the Prep Cast Video Training and SImulator. Your guidance here would mean a lot to me

ISBN 1492029645 - www.amazon.com/Head-First-PMP-Management...5/ref=dp_ob_title_bk

PMP ExamPrepbook Based on 7th edition - Which is best to buy and study ? 1 month 3 weeks ago #31221

• Christine Whitney, PMP
  • Thank you received: 4
I am not familiar with the Head First. I found using more than one source of information was helpful for me. The exam that I took in the fall of 2023 was all very general language. There were no specific vocabulary words that you would identify as PMI language. Just make sure that you understand the general concepts in the ECO and how it all relates back to the processes PMI describes. I really needed to understand how the ECO tied into project management concepts. I did like the Rita Mulcahey book as well as PrepCast. I thought quite a few of the questions on the exam were of various problems that arise, and knowing the steps that you have to go through in solving a problem help. (Especially assessing the situation further.)

Hope that helps,
Christine
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenAlexander AnikinElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login