fbpx

Reply: PMP Eligibility Requirements and the PM Prepcast

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : PMP Eligibility Requirements and the PM Prepcast

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
14 years 2 months ago #1319

Cornelius Fichtner

Jan,

You can take The PM PrepCast final exam 2 weeks after you purchased the course. We make you wait for 2 weeks because if you study often and much then 2 weeks is about the shortest time you can take to watch all lessons.

Once you have taken the final exam, you get the 35 contact hour certificate and then you can apply for the PMP exam.

However... many of our students are experience project managers who already have more than 35 contact hours and they use The PM PrepCast to study the concepts necessary to take the exam. So these students can apply for the PMP Exam immediately.

I think what I say is: "you should apply for and schedule your PMP exam as soon as you fulfill all eligibility requirements". And you can imagine that with over 8,000 students there are 8,000 stories as to when they all meet these criteria.
14 years 2 months ago #1318

Jan Heinrichs

Hi,

I started learning for the PMP exam and I have a study plan, however, there is one activity that I don't know how to schedule: the PM PrepCast Final Exam.

I meet all eligibility criteria, except the 35 contact hours of formal education.

Okay, I subscribed to the PM PrepCast which will give me the 35 missing hours of formal education.

But, in several episodes (eg. 4.01) Cornelius tells me to finally sign up for the exam.

Great, but I have to pass the PM PrepCast "Final Exam" before I can sign up with PMI for the exam.

Should I listen to all PM PrepCast episodes and prepare for the exam, then do the Final PM PrepCast exam, sign up for the PMP exam that day and hope that I get an exam date the following week?

Summary: In my study plan (12 weeks), when do I schedule the PM PrepCast Final Exam in order to sign up for the PMP exam?

Thanks for any suggestions.
Jan

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login