fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: Pearson Vue cancelled my exams

Pearson Vue cancelled my exams 11 months 3 weeks ago #30382

• Summer Morgan
  • Summer Morgan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi Pearson Vue,
An incident which occurred at the early hours of Saturday April 1st, 2023.
I was scheduled to seat for my exams at 8:15am - I logged in at 7:45 to get through the required screening and my proctor* Mr Joshua* who was late and connected with me 30mins later - He screened my surroundings and space and everything was fine and clear.
I had a clear table and space - My proctor could see me clearly from my camera without any obstructions - As the test began, my proctor kept interrupting me to say he can’t see my mouth which is odd because I was seated in from of my computer without moving. I do not know what device the proctor was using to access or view me. As I got through the 1st half, I did not take a break, I did not move from my seat. I was seated all through - And as soon as I got mid-way into the second half, my proctor cancelled my exams - I am still in shock as to why any proctor would cancel anyone’s exams voluntarily. I did not leave my seat, or take any breaks, I was seated in one position all through.
I am in shock and in disbelief - My proctor has made a false claim that I moved away from my camera which is a huge Lie, and I will be engaging legal professionals to request documentation of my exam recording. It has also come to our notice that cancelling test-takers exams mid-way has been a common practice and an ongoing scheme for Pearson Vue to extort more money from test takers by cancelling our exams mid-way and asking candidates to re-write the exams and have us pay more fees. This as well will be fleshed out in this matter.
I have studied for months and made sacrifices to schedule this exam, hence why It’s only fair I involve legal authorities in this matter as I will not yield to false accusation made by my proctor.
In addition, there is an ongoing petition with multiple test takers who have expressed that their exams were terminated by the proctor giving frivolous reasons and requesting candidates to pay more fees to re-write this exam.
If the proctor feels like a candidate is being shady, they can record the entire exam and FLAG it to Pearson and have them review the entire exam instead of cancelling the entire exam!!!! We go through huge stress just to seat for this exams!

Pearson Vue cancelled my exams 11 months 3 weeks ago #30383

• Harry Elston
  • Thank you received: 144
Summer,

We're not PearsonVue here - this is the PrepCast board. There are numerous incidents where PearsonVue has cancelled exams and it has been my personal recommendation to always take the exam in person to avoid these kinds of hassles.

If it were me, I'd reschedule it as you're probably not going to get anywhere in with the legal system and you'll just be wasting time and treasure in such a pursuit.

Harry
+++++
Harry J. Elston, Ph.D., CIH, PMP

Pearson Vue cancelled my exams 11 months 3 weeks ago #30385

• Daniel Soerensen
  • Thank you received: 19
Hello Summer,

I will have to agree with Harry on this one. I decided to take my exam at a centre, in person, to avoid any issues like the one you are describing. Online, there is so much that can go wrong, and in person you can at least resolve any potential issues right there and then. I have yet to heard a similar story from in-person test takers. All the best on your second attempt!

Regards,
Daniel Soerensen, PMP, CSPO

[email protected] 7 months 2 days ago #30765

• Anonymous
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I had literally same situation as yours.

Pearson Vue cancelled my exams 6 months 3 weeks ago #30781

• RD
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I had a similar experience yesterday. Though I was looking at the screen, I was being asked to look at the screen. Really? Is it possible to see the questions without looking at the screen. The exam also ended suddenly. Horrible guys Pearson has recruited who do not care about a candidates time, money & energy spent to attend the exams. I hope AWS, Microsoft & Google turn to other vendor for online exams conduct so as the candidates do not go through the hassle.
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login