fbpx

Reply: Questions translation in french

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Questions translation in french

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
1 year 1 month ago #30280

Dominic Hickey

Hello Arcel,
My recent exam preparation group course (the necessary 35 contact hours for applying for the PMP exam) was given in French, so I'll try to help.

First of all, when you mention "in the App", do you mean the PM PrepCast platform or the actual PMP exam, which is on the PearsonVUE platform? I can't talk with absolute authority about PM PrepCast, but as far as I know the questions are only available in English.

As for the PMP exam, when you are ready to sign up to take it, you have an option to choose to take the exam in French or a few other languages, instead of the original English. Some of my study group chose to do the exam in French (I opted to take it in English). If you choose French, you will then have the option to switch between the questions translated into French, and the original English version. Be aware that the current translations into French are not perfect; some of my French native-speaker colleagues said that they sometimes felt that they needed to flip to the English version (and back again) to make sure that they were fully understanding the question. This obviously takes valuable extra time during the exam, but I think it is still a good option if you aren't confident about seeing the questions in English only.

As for working with PM PrepCast in English, all of us in the group used it in English only. While those who weren't very comfortable in English found that to be an extra challenge, everyone in our group who sat the exam passed, probably in large part thanks to having prepared so thoroughly with the Premium Quizzes as well as some or all of the PM PrepCast Exams. All the best with your studying.
1 year 1 month ago #30272

Arcel KOUETE DJOWE

Hi,
i'm preparing my self to pass the PMP Exam in french language and i want to know if in the App i can change the language of the Questions in french ?
Thanks.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login