fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: Online Application Anomaly

Online Application Anomaly 14 years 2 months ago #1288

• Eamonn Mc quaid
  • Eamonn Mc quaid's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi, I am currently applying to take the PMP exam and In one of the emails that I have received as part of the “becoming a PMP email course”, it states that a frequent question that is asked, relates to where a PM has not been involved in the full project and therefore would not have hours for each process group or may not have hours for the specific sub-sections within a process group, equally a program manager would not work on all aspects of a project and therefore would not have hours against all process group (and all sub-sections of each group) for all projects.
From what I can gather from the “becoming a PMP email course” I believe that the advise you are providing is that the above situations are quiet normal (and they are) and that an applicant should just be able to show that over the totality of projects that the applicant has worked on, an applicant has delivered hours across all the 5 processes (and in all subsections).

I have just completed a PMP preparation course and the tutor has indicated that when applying online and where the above situations exists that an applicant must put a minimum of 5 hours in all subsections across all of the project group , otherwise there is some anomaly in how the application system calculates the hours. Additionally in the description section of the application, an applicant should indicate that while these hours have been added the overall project hours have been levelled to reflect this – does this anomaly exists ? have others experienced this ?

Re:Online Application Anomaly 14 years 2 months ago #1289

• Cornelius Fichtner
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • President, OSP International LLC
  • Thank you received: 604
Eamonn,

I disagree with your tutor. If - for instance - you were not involved in the initiation of the project and then you say that you spent 5 hours on this in your PMP exam application, then you are basically lying on the application form.

It is my understanding that PMI requires that you participated in all 5 process groups as part of the total hours that you worked on projects. But PMI does not require you to work on all 5 process groups on each and every project.
Until Next Time,
Cornelius Fichtner, PMP, CSM
President, OSP International LLC

Re:Online Application Anomaly 14 years 2 months ago #1294

• Eamonn Mc quaid
  • Eamonn Mc quaid's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Cornelius, thanks for the clarification and quick response . Regards Eamonn
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login