fbpx

Reply: PMP exam help

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : PMP exam help

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
14 years 9 months ago #129

Cornelius Fichtner

Stephanie,

To be on the safe side I have to say no. You risk failing the exam if you use 3rd edition prep materials. So I cannot recommend it. (My lawyers make me say this.)

However, from a broader point of view you can probably use the general information in the book and you will still learn a lot. There are some significant changes between the 3rd and 4th edition PMBOK Guide (42 instead of 44 processes, new/changed earned value formulas, etc.) but the PRACTICE of project management and our general approaches have not changed.

So even though I cannot really recommend it, you could go ahead and use Rita's 3rd edition book if you use caution in regards to all these changes in the new PMBOK. Read Appendix A in the PMBOK to learn about the changes and also read the article that I wrote here:

www.cornelius-fichtner.com/index.php?opt...tid=38:pmp&Itemid=60
14 years 9 months ago #128

Stephanie Caruso

Hi, ok I am taking the 4th edition exam on July 2. I took a prep course from Villanova, I am going thru that again, and reading the PMBOK. I found Rita's book online and I was going to use it but it it based on the 3rd edition, will most of the material in there work for the 4th edition exam?

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login