fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: Need help with the application

Need help with the application 1 year 11 months ago #29318

• Neena
  • Neena's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi everyone,
I am hoping someone can help me with this. I submitted my PMP application but PMI replied saying that I should re-edit and re-submit.

Here is a sample of how I described one of my projects.
Project Objective - An Agile based project with a budget of $250000 and a deadline of 4 years to set up a dataset of supplier components in an internal database to ensure quality standards are met.

Roles and responsibilities - I served as a project lead and collaborated with cross-functional Teams and led end to end project lifecycle.

Initiating:
Gathered data and created the project charter which was then approved by the project sponsor.

Planning:
As a project lead, I created a “Supplier panel”(supplier evaluation framework)
Performed supplier performance analysis, using this framework, to make decisions on which supplier to choose for procuring a particular component.
I produced Cost-estimation reports to place an order to the refined list of selected suppliers.

Executing:
Assessed the data quality and contents of several Supplier Quality Management databases.
During this project, I also took over the responsibilities of the Supplier Quality Management lead and negotiated an agreement with the suppliers and 5 cross-functional teams.
Also implemented contingency and management risk responses during this phase.

Monitoring & Controlling:
I did the data analysis specifically alternative analysis for making the Make versus buy decisions.
Engaged with stakeholders and reported the project status to the key stakeholders of the project.

Outcome:
-A refined dataset in Supplier Quality Management database that includes all the Bill of Materials that have been approved and passed through quality gates was used to place orders to the suppliers.
-I successfully solved component deviations by negotiating with the supplier and other cross-functional teams.
-The project was delivered on time and within the estimated budget.

Could someone please help me understand what I can improve in this?

Thank you so much.

Need help with the application 1 year 7 months ago #29657

• Elizabeth Harrin
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 114
Did you manage to get your application accepted, Neena?
---
Elizabeth Harrin

Follow: twitter.com/corneliusficht
Like: www.facebook.com/PrepCast/
Subscribe: www.project-management-podcast.com
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login