fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: Clarification on Management reserve

Clarification on Management reserve 2 years 2 months ago #29097

• Dr. Sara Doveri
  • Dr. Sara Doveri's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hello everybody,
can you please help me understand whether Management Reserve does indeed require a CR or not for changes?
In L07.03: Determine Budget Part 2 at 21:22 it is stated that MR does not need a CR to modify its value after approval.
Explanation B of question 13 of the self assessment for module 07 on the contrary states that increasing MR (I presume the word "manager" instead of management is a typo) requires a CR.
Thanks in advance for your help
Sara

Clarification on Management reserve 2 years 1 month ago #29178

• Kyle Kilbride, PMP
  • Thank you received: 49
Hi Sara, apologies, this question must have gotten missed. To your question on the management reserve in my experience it would always require a change request to access. These funds are outside of the project, the PM does not typically have the authority to access them on their own. Your contingency reserve on the other hand is completely within your control - you would not require a change request for that.

Kyle
Regards,
Kyle Kilbride, P.Eng, PMP
PMPrepCast Community Moderator
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dr. Sara Doveri
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login