fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: contractor project manager ,consultant project manager ,client project manager

contractor project manager ,consultant project manager ,client project manager 2 years 2 months ago #29012

• Raed Almolla
  • Raed Almolla's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
in case of construction projects usually there are main contractor , main supervision consultant and client representative and each one has its own management team in this situation i would like to understand the project manager in PMP who will plan for the project "prepare project management plans" and execute and monitor/control work and close the project ,also the one who can accept change requests and submit it to CCB , the one who will prepare cost baseline and take approval on it from sponsor ,the one who will prepare stakeholder register ,..etc. which of those project manager will do and what is rules for other project manager from point of view of PMI.

contractor project manager ,consultant project manager ,client project manager 2 years 2 months ago #29014

• Elizabeth Harrin
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 114
Hi Raed. The PMBOK(R) Guide doesn't cover the situation you describe in any detail, but you might find it useful to read the Construction Extension here: www.pmi.org/pmbok-guide-standards/founda...nstruction-extension

I confess I haven't read it, but it might answer your question. If not, then in a complex team like that, I would expect the PM for the main contractor to be setting roles and responsibilities with a view that everything aligns to a central way of working. PMs in the delivery organisation would be responsible for creating their own plans relevant to their sections, probably referencing any mandated frameworks/structures/regulations etc for the overall work.
---
Elizabeth Harrin

Follow: twitter.com/corneliusficht
Like: www.facebook.com/PrepCast/
Subscribe: www.project-management-podcast.com
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login