fbpx

Reply: Application filling -project description

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Application filling -project description

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
14 years 3 months ago #1213

Cornelius Fichtner

Belal,

To me this looks like a good project description that shows your responsibilities. You should be able to use the same general format and describe all your projects. I like it that you zoom in on the various process groups (initiating, planning, executing, M&C, closing). Don't forget that each project is different, so you may have done specific actions in one project but not the other. I'd list those specific activities to show that you aren't just copy/pasting but that you are actually putting thought into the description.

However... does the size of the text fit? I remember that I had to shorten my project descriptions considerably because it didn't fit into the online fields. So go ahead and paste your text into the field and see if you can save it. If it is too long then you need to shorten it.
14 years 3 months ago #1212

Belal Salameh

HI,
I'm working as IT Manager in manufacturing Company which Expanded to have four factories in Middle East in the previous years, Most of my project was to implement JDE Finance & distribution modules in our new Factories.
I submit my PMP application but they reply to me your credential application requires your attention‏, and I must revise my project description, now I update it to this
Project objective: implement JDE Finance &distribution Modules
Task: leading & directing the processes of
1-planning: gathering the required data from concerned departments document it, develop schedule
2-execution: determine required resources& training Needed, Direct the execution, manage team Members, perform Quality Assurance
3-controlling: ensuring work with schedule, verify implementation succeed with the concerned departments
4- Closing: Conduct review sessions and Obtain sign off
Tell now I did not submit it and I want to ask if this is sufficient description, and if I can copy same description to other project which has the same nature

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login