fbpx

Reply: Error in Prepcast? 11.6 - Implement Risk Respones?

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Error in Prepcast? 11.6 - Implement Risk Respones?

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
14 years 2 months ago #1203

Bala R

Hi Ashiq,

I agree that the PMBOK talks about implementing the Risk Response Plan in Monitoring and Controlling process. If you read further it talks about executing the risk response plans during the "LIFE CYCLE" of the project. Bottom line is during the monitoring and controlling risks, we will be monitoring the risks and based on the findings/triggers etc it may lead towards implementing the risk response plans but it does not mean the response plans have to be implemented or executed during the monitoring and controlling process. My 2 cents worth when you are reading the PMBOK please give importance to each line as you are doing but revisit/review your understanding from the overall perspective. I would answer "NO" for the question "Implementation of risk response plans done in Monitoring and controlling".

Thanks,
Bala R, PMP
14 years 2 months ago #1202

Ashiq Alibhai

Hi Cornelius,

It's not so much a question of semantics; if I get a question on the exam saying "True or false (not that such questions exist): in Monitor and Control Risks, we implement risk response plans."

I agree with what you said; but that doesn't solve my dilemma :)
14 years 2 months ago #1201

Cornelius Fichtner

Ashiq,

It is more a question of semantics. This process is all about monitoring & controlling. As soon as you need to "do" something you will hand the actual execution over.

Let's assume that you have a risk response plan "Buy insurance if weather gets bad". Here in monitoring & controlling we will see the trigger condition (weather forecast), then we issue an order to have the plan executed (that will happen in the executing processes) and later we will review the effectiveness of this implementation back here in this process.
14 years 2 months ago #1200

Ashiq Alibhai

In the most recent podcast, the chapter on 11.6 (Monitor and Control Risks), Cornelius states explicitly that we "do not implement risk response plans in this process."

But the PMBOK, 4th edition, states explicitly that this is the process of (among other things) "implementing risk response plans, ..."

Is this an error in the prepcast? Maybe something updated from v3 to v4? What's the scoop here?

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login