fbpx

Reply: Certification Deadline

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Certification Deadline

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
14 years 2 months ago #1181

Cornelius Fichtner

Here's another recommendation: Set your exam date 1 week before your deadline. That way, if worst comes to worst, you can take a third shot on your final day.
14 years 2 months ago #1180

Joseph Fabin

Thanks very much for the info Cornelius. I'm also taking classes so we'll see what happens. Regardless, I'll give it a shot before the deadline. Thanks for the good advice.
14 years 2 months ago #1179

Cornelius Fichtner

Joseph,

What you said pretty much sums it up: If you don't take/pass the exam within 1 year then you start all over again. Including having to pay the fees.

Here are a few quotes from the PMP Credentials handbook:

The examination eligibility period (the period of time during which you are able to test) is one year. The eligibility period starts on the day your application was approved. You may take the examination up to three times within this one-year eligibility period should you not pass on the first attempt

You are allowed amaximum of one year from the date your application is approved, to apply for reexamination.

If you do not pass the credential examination on your first attempt, you have two more opportunities to retest within your one-year eligibility period.

If you fail the examination three times within their one-year eligibility period, you must wait one year from the date of the last examination you took to reapply for the credential. However, after failing a credential examination three times, candidates may opt to apply for any other PMI credential (e.g., a candidate who failed the PMP examination three times in their one-year eligibility period must wait one year to reapply for the PMP, but can apply at any time for the CAPM).
Reexamination fees apply to the second and third attempts to pass the examination. If your eligibility period expires without you passing the examination, you must reapply for the credential.

However, you say that you have until February, so here is a new year's resolution for you: Sign up for your exam date today and then study every day for at least 2 hours. Put the PrepCast onto your portable player and then go through the episodes at any possible time during your day - when you drive to work, when you eat lunch, when you drive back home, when you brush your teeth, you can even take it to bed with you and watch an episode before you go to sleep. That way you can maximize your studies and use every second of the day.

I believe that passing the PMP is an important step for you. So make this your number one priority project and manage it so that your schedule is your primary constraint. Squeeze everything into the time available. Set your mind to it and I promise you that you can do it!
14 years 2 months ago #1178

Joseph Fabin

Hello,
I've previously failed the exam and my one year allowable deadline to take the exam is up in February 2010. I just signed up for the Prepcast and may not be ready by then.

My question is what will happen if I do not take the exam by my deadline? Will I have to do the PMI paperwork all over again and pay another $500 to them?

Thanks,
Joe

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login