fbpx

Reply: Difference between burn up and burn down chart?

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Difference between burn up and burn down chart?

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
2 years 11 months ago #27236

Samuel

From what I have been studying so far,

Burn down charts : tells you remaining work to complete , it is hard to measure team productivity because more work can be added (remember Agile encourages changes, so more work can be added)

Burn up charts: can measure development team productivity, number of story points they completed in "each" of the past iterations

I would note that the appropriate Information Radiator to measure Agile Team productivity is use of "Burn Up Charts". Remember Agile Manifesto #7 : Working Software is the primary measure of progress.
2 years 11 months ago #27234

FAIZY MANSOURY

Hey everyone,

From the training videos I had watched. They basically simplified burn up and burn down charts to be essentially the same but one is a graph that shows remaining and the other shows stories done (at least in agile.)

However, I'm noticing in some quiz questions in the past, there are distinctions made between the two that allow one to be more suitable over the other.

Is there any key distinctions between them that I should know to help break down these questions? I know I've gotten a few of them wrong, but I can't recall what the question was asking for.

Thanks.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login