fbpx

Reply: Free PMP Exam Prep Course From PMI

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Free PMP Exam Prep Course From PMI

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
3 years 2 weeks ago #26680

Sharon S

Your best resource would be the PrepCast Simulator 2021. I, too, started the free class from PMI and didn't think it was helpful. I haven't take the exam in 2021 yet but have I haven't heard of any one saying the free class was any good but I heard a lot of people say PrepCast 2021 helped them pass.
3 years 2 weeks ago #26678

Duon Martin

I have taken the class and to be honest, I think it is a waste of time. There is a ton of reading associated with it and it's approximately 7 hours of content, so you can complete it all in one sitting if you have time.
1.) There are some sample questions at the end of each lecture. Some lectures provide at least one drag and drop question, but a majority of the questions are situational multiple choice questions.
2.) Once you start the course you can revisit any lecture as many times as you want. There is no time limit to complete the lectures or topics. Each lecture provide a short video of a situation that you as the project manage must address, and each lecture has 3 tabs: deliverables, tools & techniques, and Resources. In the deliverables & tools & techniques tabs you will find key terms that you may know already referenced in the PMBOK, or any other exam prep book, and the resources tabs have at least 2 or 3 articles related to the lecture.
3.) In my opinion, the prep course is definitely not the key to passing the exam. I'm not an expert, nor have I taken the exam with the new content yet, but I feel a big key to passing the exam is investing your time into a high quality simulator like this one and finding your knowledge gaps. I'm on a journey to take my exam in the next month or so.
3 years 2 weeks ago #26672

PMP Aspirant

Hello,

Has anyone taken the free PMP exam preparation course from PMI that was offered in Dec/Jan? If you have taken it then please respond to the following questions:

- Are there some practice questions at the end of each lecture?
- Once you have started the course, is there a time limit in which you have to complete all the lectures/topics?
- Please share any other useful tip about this exam prep course and was it really helpful in passing the actual PMP exam?

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login