fbpx

Reply: Am I ready to schedule the exam?

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Am I ready to schedule the exam?

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
3 years 3 weeks ago #26857

Kyle Aagenes

I averaged 77% on the simulator and passed AT/AT/AT yesterday. You are ready I believe.
3 years 3 weeks ago #26833

Markus Kopko

Jim Hodgson wrote: PMP community,

I initially started studying this course last year...but the madness of lockdown, some health problems and overall stress of the pandemic prevented me from really getting stuck into the course. I've been taking it seriously since Jan, with study 5-6 days per week. I am now consistently passing simulator tests 75-80%...

Most people at this point would say "fine, I'm ready to schedule my exam"

My issue is confidence...I still feel like I am 'guessing' the correct answers and don't have much confidence that I've selected the right ones. I would ideally like to go into the exam with greater confidence.

Any advice? Study longer, schedule now, and go for it? Any other tips would be greatly appreciated.

Jim, UK

Well, have you ever analyzed your results in detail? Not only the wrong answers but also the correct ones? To figure out if you did them correctly by guessing or if you really do have the knowledge?
Going through your results and figure that out would be the only way I can see to be sure ...

Regards,

Markus
3 years 1 month ago #26601

PMP Aspirant

Jim,
What were your scores of the 4 mock exams when you took them for the first time?
Based on my observation of the exam experience shared by folks who have passed the exam, if your average score of the 4 mock exams “on your first try” is 70% or above then you will ace the exam. It’s just an observation and there is no guarantee so just follow your gut. All the best!
3 years 1 month ago #26599

Jim Hodgson

PMP community,

I initially started studying this course last year...but the madness of lockdown, some health problems and overall stress of the pandemic prevented me from really getting stuck into the course. I've been taking it seriously since Jan, with study 5-6 days per week. I am now consistently passing simulator tests 75-80%...

Most people at this point would say "fine, I'm ready to schedule my exam"

My issue is confidence...I still feel like I am 'guessing' the correct answers and don't have much confidence that I've selected the right ones. I would ideally like to go into the exam with greater confidence.

Any advice? Study longer, schedule now and go for it? Any other tips would be greatly appreciated.

Jim, UK

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login