fbpx

Reply: PMP Application - Who is the primary contact person for a startup founder?

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : PMP Application - Who is the primary contact person for a startup founder?

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
3 years 2 weeks ago #26605

Anonymous

's Avatar

Thanks Harry. This helps a lot. I will move forward with my application using this insight. Really appreciate your support.
3 years 2 weeks ago #26602

Harry Elston

Nick,

Back in the office.

RE: Applied/Certified. Yes. That's the whole PMP thing in the signature line :)
RE: How long did it take to go through the process? If you mean "process" of application, about 25 hours. I had to gather a lot of information going back 6 years and put it in a cogent package before the application. Then I needed to be able to describe each project demonstrating the knowledge areas (i.e. Initiating, planning, etc.) and then condense that to 500 characters. (Not 500 words). That took some effort.
RE: Audit: PMI states that it randomly selects 10% of applications for audits. Mine was not selected. 10% is a common figure in professional certification applications. I suggest that you make your application "audit-proof" - make sure you have everything documented as fully as possible and located in an easy to find place.

Best,

Harry
3 years 3 weeks ago #26593

Harry Elston

Nick,

I'm traveling today. Will respond to you when I get back to the office.

Harry
3 years 3 weeks ago #26588

Nick Varuso

's Avatar

Hi Harry,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience. Would you mind if I ask a couple follow-up questions? It sounds like you have already completed the application and certification exam. How long ago did you go through the process? How does PMI selected you for an audit? Is there still a likelihood of getting an audit at this point or is that a pretty low probability?

Thanks again for your time.

Regards,
Nick
3 years 3 weeks ago #26587

Anonymous

's Avatar

Hi Harry,

Thanks so much for sharing your experience. If you don’t mind, I have some easy follow up questions. I imagine you have already completed the application and probably got certified. Congratulations. How long ago did you complete everything? Did PMI select you for an audit? Thanks again.

Regards
Nick
3 years 3 weeks ago #26584

Harry Elston

As an independent consultant with tight NDAs with clients (some of which didn't want me to mention their name), I submitted that work as "Confidential Client (NDA)" with the name, date and description of the project and listed myself as the primary contact. It seem to have worked. I can't speak for PMI, but you can try that route.

Harry

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login