fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: PMP Experience documentation

PMP Experience documentation 3 years 1 month ago #26578

• Renata
  • Renata's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I have a question regarding documenting PM experience. I was PM for a regional program which served as a pilot. The goal was to create a program plan and test to see if this program worked then launch the program structure that would be used across the United States. Would PMI consider this a project or a program? Below is a draft of the summary for the submission. Please also let me know if changes are needed to the write up.

Project name: Program plan development
PM type: Hybrid
Duration: 15 months

Goal: Plan and test a educational program at the regional level, improving along the way, to deliver a program plan to the Internal client to launch across all regions in the United States

IN: Conducted stakeholder analysis; Defined project objectives and outcomes; Secured resources
PL: Clearly defined project scope; Developed project plan –, schedule, budget, quality, communications;
EX: Led kickoff meeting and all status meetings; Led review meetings to obtain feedback and make updates during next sprint
MC: Managed scope, schedule, costs, stakeholders and project team; Distributed status reports and change updates
CL: Confirmed finalization of program plan to be delivered to internal stakeholders; Conduct team debrief to discuss lessons learned; Archive all project information according to company standards

Outcome: A complete program plan was delivered to internal stakeholders to implement program at a larger scale to use across the United States.

Thank you in advance for any input received.

PMP Experience documentation 3 years 1 month ago #26707

• Joe Pang
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 99
Hello Renata, it looks like what you are describing is a pilot project to test if an upcoming educational program is feasible. The project description looks good to me, I would add more details in the execution stage as to how you directed & managed the project work

Project vs Programs
www.pmi.org/learning/library/understandi...versus-projects-6896
Toronto-based project manager, I specialize in capital construction projects and digital transformation projects for the power & utility sector.

I welcome all types of collaboration opportunities, feel free to connect with me on Linkedin
Last edit: by Joe Pang.
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login