fbpx

Reply: When do you keep the same meeting time or change it

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : When do you keep the same meeting time or change it

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
3 years 1 month ago #26370

Sharon S

Thank you for the detailed explanation. This makes sense. I really appreciate you clearing that up.
3 years 1 month ago #26369

PMP Aspirant

In case of standups, if the developers aren't available then what's the point of having the meeting? Since DSUs are for the Scrum Team to update each other about the daily progress and to plan for the current day, its mandatory for the team members to attend it. If the developers aren't available at particular time of day, then the Scrum Master could get their updates from them via face to face/phone conversation/chat/email prior to the scheduled DSU but if the developers wont be able to attend the DSU on regular basis (due to a conflict) then this meeting needs to be rescheduled. Ideally DSU's should be scheduled in the morning session.
DSU's need to be scheduled on a set time and at the same place on recurring basis, (in COVID days place doesn't matter) and shouldn't be pushed/rescheduled on daily basis.

In regards to the generic project meeting, I don't know the purpose, attendees of that meeting but generally project meetings have key stakeholders which have busy schedules and they may not be available some other time so that could be the reason for not rescheduling this meeting.
3 years 1 month ago #26368

Sharon S

I came across two scenarios with different answers for similar scenarios.
1. several developers can't make the daily stand up: answer move the meeting time

2.Some people can't make a meeting. answer: keep the meeting at the same time. Don't change it because it could cause more schedule conflict issues for other stakeholders

Why are they different answers. The only difference I see is the type of meeting. The first is the daily standup and the second is a generic project meeting.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login