fbpx

Reply: scheduling questions

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : scheduling questions

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
3 years 4 months ago #25289

Daniel Tinkler

Can someone please explain the right actions to take when there are deviations from the schedule? In my prep questions I have seen a variety of questions related to schedule.. Each one a bit different of course, but in essence

If the schedule is question frames that there are no misses to milestones or other major impacts but the schedule is running behind what is the best action for the PM to take? -- My take is at this point the PM can use schedule compression techniques and contingency reserves thus does not need to issue a change request..?

If the schedule is behind and a milestone is MISSED... does this then trigger a change request because now the schedule baseline has changed??

Or how about if it is one of the situations above and an answer is present to first update the issue log? Where does the issue log factor into this? Should you document the issue first and then move on to either schedule compression or change request?

Last, but not least, which actions from the PM are considered corrective actions thus = change request? Is crashing the schedule to realign schedule considered a Corrective action since more resources are being added? Thus, resulting in a change request before the crashing can occur?

Any help to clarify this would be much appreciated!

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login