fbpx

Reply: Rework or Change request after deliverable rejection by the customer?

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Rework or Change request after deliverable rejection by the customer?

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
3 years 3 months ago #25205

Agnieszka Moretto

It would be great if someone could answer to my question. I´m having my exam in few days and need to clarify this topic before :)
3 years 3 months ago #25078

Agnieszka Moretto

Hi all,

Part L05.05 Validate Scope – Part 2 (PrepCast) describes that there are three possible options after customer inspection: Approval, Rework or Change request.
During the video (between minute 7:40-9:00) the explanation is given that non-acceptance because of errors in specifications requires a change request. But if there is a violation of specification (deliverable is missing some specifications/requirements) then no change is needed as the deliverable need to be just brought back to compliance - means rework.

On the "self-assessment_05_Scope" Question Nr. 8 the following explanation is being given:
The rejection may be based on found defects or changes in the customer requirements. No matter what the reason is, changes have to be addresses because the project customer has asked for them.
However, a proper change control process need to be followed, and the logical action for the project manager is to issue a change request.
Could you please explain what is the correct procedure, if the deliverable rejection will be due to a noncompliance with specifications. Could we go straight to rework or do we need to issue a change request first?

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login