fbpx

Reply: Questions about Prepcast Simulator for NEW PMP Exam in 2021

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Questions about Prepcast Simulator for NEW PMP Exam in 2021

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
3 years 3 months ago #25095

Cornelius Fichtner

@Sunil and @PMP Aspirant

Please watch the video above in this thread. Your questions are answered in there:
- The correct PMBOK Guide to use is the SIXTH Edition
- PMI Now has 10 reference books and our simulator 2021 uses most of them as reference materials.

The video will give you all the details.
3 years 3 months ago #25094

PMP Aspirant

Sunil,
If you are going to schedule your PMP exam after Jan 2nd, 2021 then you will have to take the NEW Exam which is basically 50% predictive project management and 50% Agile & Hybrid project management.
Moreover, you cant use the OLD prepcast exam simulator (2020) for the NEW PMP exam and you will have to use the new (2021) PMP exam simulator.
I will wait for Cornelius to respond to your question regarding the training material (PMBOK 6th OR PMBOK 7th) that should be used for the NEW PMP Exam.
3 years 3 months ago #25091

Sunil Pereira

I have the same concern on what material do i reference without the seventh edition being available.So if I schedule my exam for January 2021 will it be the same format for the exam as previous and can I use Prep simulator 2020 in Jan 2021 exam
3 years 3 months ago #25089

PMP Aspirant

Hi Cornelius,

Thanks for the response. I have watched the video and it was very informative but I couldn't find the answer of my following question in that video:

- In your PMP Exam Simulator 2021, I am sure that it would have over 50% of the questions from Agile so can you please clarify which source material / book did you use as a reference for those questions? The current PMBOK 6th version doesn't have enough "Agile" related knowledge that could be used to create mock questions.

In current exam simulator 2020, most of the questions reference back to PMBOK 6th version so I am wondering from which book are the Agile related questions in 2021 exam simulator from?

Thanks again for your help!
3 years 3 months ago #25075

Cornelius Fichtner

You are correct, the questions use PMBOK 6 as a reference document. And yes, we will be updating them once it is necessary.

However, there is more to it than just that. Please watch this video here where I explain how exactly the PMP exam 2021 will differ and what that means for questions, studying and training materials:

Once you watch this, everything will be clear.
3 years 3 months ago #25073

PMP Aspirant

Questions for the PM Prepcast Team:

I am planning to take the NEW PMP Exam in Feb 2021. The new exam has a significant amount of questions (almost 50%) from Agile.

- Will the questions in PM Prepcast simulator for PMP exam in 2021 be based on PMBOK 6th version? We all know that PMBOK 6th version doesn't have enough Agile information for 50% of the exam questions.

- If PMBOK 7th version is published in March/April 2021, will you update the exam simulator again to base the questions of of PMBOK 7th version? If yes then will the users who have already bought the simulator subscription before the upgrade will get a free upgrade OR they would have to pay the full cost of the updated simulator?

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login