fbpx

Reply: Should I take the exam if I am consistently getting 70% and above on practices?

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Should I take the exam if I am consistently getting 70% and above on practices?

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
3 years 3 months ago #24901

Elena Mekhanoshina

Stephanie,
Are you reviewing the questions that you answered incorrectly, after the exam? I found the most value in this work post taking a practice exam, to understand which area or what type of questions I was lacking knowledge.
3 years 3 months ago #24877

Anonymous

's Avatar

I wouldn't rely on your score to determine if you will pass the PMP exam (as stated in the disclaimer of practice tests and exams). My scores were inconsistent but I would focus on the ones that I would get wrong and go back to my resources (PMBOK, prepcast, youtube videos) to review the concepts. If you are scoring a 70% and above, I believe a you have a solid foundation on the material. I took my PMP exam today and passed on my first attempt! I would definitely recommend taking a practice exam (if you haven't already do so) to help with managing the timing of the exam. I did a bunch of 20, 30, 40 question quizzes but never attempted a full prep exam and used up all my time to the very last minute to answer all the questions leaving no time to review marked questions. Regardless, you are headed in the right direction. Best of luck!
3 years 3 months ago #24873

Stephanie

's Avatar

Yes, the 4hr ones. I’ve tested myself on every definition, formula and process and have read the book twice, so I don’t think it’s my lack of knowledge of the field.
3 years 3 months ago #24872

Elena Mekhanoshina

Stepanie.
When mentioning practices, are you referring to the 4-hr practice exam or other kinds of tests?
For questions that you don't get right, did you perform an analysis of why you answered them incorrectly? I wonder if you know (and I'm assuming understand) PMBOK cover to cover, where are you struggling to start getting a higher score?
3 years 3 months ago #24868

Stephanie Barron

My score isn't improving even though I do a lot of review after each test and know PMBOK cover to cover. Is this likely a passing score? Is it unlikely that I will improve if I so consistently score the same? Thanks.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login