fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: Queries on proctored exam internet bandwidth & sequence of taking prepcast tests

Queries on proctored exam internet bandwidth & sequence of taking prepcast tests 3 years 4 months ago #24475

• Hemavathy Ramakrishnan
  • Hemavathy Ramakrishnan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi - What is the recommended wifi network speed for giving the exam uninterrupted from home ? Also did anyone have a good experience with proctored test ? I am afraid reading some of the experiences in the forum and wanted to know. There seem to be no availability at centers these days . Any tip to make the online proctored test smooth would help .

Also, adding one more query . Should the full length itto test be only taken at the end or can we take that as the 3rd or 4th test just to make sure we know the gaps in itto ?
Last edit: by Hemavathy Ramakrishnan.

Queries on proctored exam internet bandwidth & sequence of taking prepcast tests 3 years 4 months ago #24522

• Kyle Kilbride, PMP
  • Thank you received: 49
Please see the requirements in this link: home.pearsonvue.com/pmi/onvue

Note under Internet Connection:
For optimal performance, a reliable and stable connection speed of 3 Mbps down and 2 Mbps up is required.

Where possible, we recommend testing on a wired network as opposed to a wireless network.

If testing from home, ask others within the household to avoid internet use during your exam session.

Tethering to a mobile hotspot is explicitly prohibited.

My first time taking the exam I was doing it over wifi and had technical issues and had to rewrite. The second time I completed the exam over a wired connection and had no issues. I recommend you use a wired connection and have reliable internet. I did not take the ITTO test, remember it's much more important that you understand the ITTOs instead of memorizing them.
Regards,
Kyle Kilbride, P.Eng, PMP
PMPrepCast Community Moderator

Queries on proctored exam internet bandwidth & sequence of taking prepcast tests 3 years 4 months ago #24531

• Hemavathy Ramakrishnan
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Thank you Kyle for the detailed feedback. It really helps. I am also a bit concerned about finding the in-built calculator from the exam portal/session. Is this something readily accessible and we will know where to locate the calculator and the white board ? I cant seem to find out a visual / screenshot that can indicate where to find it. Just trying to be prepared so I dont waste time searching for it in the exam portal.

Queries on proctored exam internet bandwidth & sequence of taking prepcast tests 3 years 4 months ago #24544

• Kyle Kilbride, PMP
  • Thank you received: 49
There is an optional tutorial at the beginning of the exam that covers this I believe. I did not have any issues finding it.
Regards,
Kyle Kilbride, P.Eng, PMP
PMPrepCast Community Moderator
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hemavathy Ramakrishnan

Queries on proctored exam internet bandwidth & sequence of taking prepcast tests 3 years 3 months ago #25292

• Hemavathy Ramakrishnan
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi Kyle - Is a wired bluetooth mouse permitted for the exam ? I have a Microsoft Surface laptop that has only 1 provision which I need to use for ethernet / lan chord.
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login