fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: Which one to choose ? Stakeholder register or Stakeholder engagement plan.

Situational questions. Stakeholder register and Stakeholder engagement plan. 3 years 5 months ago #24081

• Charlie
  • Charlie's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
I am also often confused in the domain of the stakeholders management. My understanding is that the documents are to be concatenated in the following way. 1) Stakeholder register, where one record the list of stakeholders. 2) Stakeholder management plan, where one decides how to deal with the stakeholders and 3) Stakeholders assessment matrix (delivered using stakeholders analysis) where one classifies the stakeholders based on interest, power, internal external and other criteria that are deemed relevant. So in my view, every time something changes in the stakeholders landscape the the first thing to do is update the stake holder register and than consult the plan to see how to deal with the change.
Thoughts?
Carlo
Last edit: by Charlie.

Situational questions. Stakeholder register and Stakeholder engagement plan. 3 years 4 months ago #25246

• Ildefonso Baena
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi Carlo,

I am also facing difficulties understanding SH events.

As how I see it, whenever a new SH is identified, the SH register has to be updated and so does the SHEM, as this document contains how that particular SH will be engaged in the project.
Likewise, when a SH is no longer relevant, the SH register and the SHEP will be updated. Since the SHEP is being modified and therefore the PMP, a CR is previously required.

Now imagine the following situation: a "leading" SH becomes "supportive" due to illness - because of this illness, she/he cannot actively contribute to the project's success. In this case, the SHEP
is updated but not the SH register, because netither the identification, nor the assesssment information nor the classification have changed (internal/external, impact/influence/power/interest).

Please put this reflection under a BIG question mark. It would be great if someone could contribute here for clarifying these aspects.

Thanks a lot in advance.

BR,
Ildefonso
Last edit: by Ildefonso Baena.
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login