fbpx

Reply: Please clarify. Which documents need a change request for an update?

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Please clarify. Which documents need a change request for an update?

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
3 years 5 months ago #24047

Rahul Vadakke Veetil PMP

Thank you, Kyle.
3 years 5 months ago #24046

Kyle Kilbride, PMP

You need an approved change request to change any document / plan that your Configuration Management Plan deems to require configuration control. This is typically Project Managment Plans only, but if any project documents are also under configuration control they could also need an approved change request. Typically you would not need a change request to update a stakeholder register or lessons learned register.

Kyle
3 years 5 months ago #24030

Rahul Vadakke Veetil PMP

I am having a doubt. PMBOK guide says that any of Project Management Plans or Project Documents need a change request and go through the 'Integrated Change Control' if an update is needed.

I took two simulator exams and in the explanation section of the result, it says you don't need a change request to update the Stakeholder register or Lessons learned register. Now, I am confused.

Do we need to submit a change request only for any of the project management plans? Project documents do not need a change request if they need an update??

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login