fbpx

Reply: PMP Exam Countdown 6 Oct 2020 - seeking advice / comments

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : PMP Exam Countdown 6 Oct 2020 - seeking advice / comments

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
3 years 5 months ago #24056

Gabriella Dellino, PMP

@Savvas
yes, there is a reexamination fee to be paid should you fail ($275 for PMI members), and you have a one-year eligibility period with two more attempts to take the exam. You will find the details in the PMP Handbook, linked here .
I don't know whether there is a minimum amount of time between two attempts, but — depending on the results — I will decide how much time I need to improve my performance to increase my chances to pass. Also, as Cornelius always recommends, try to focus on what you can do not to fail rather than thinking about «what if I fail?». It's a shift in your perspective, and I believe it is helpful!
Talking about perspectives, the exam change in January shifts perspective in focusing on People, Process, and Business Environment; I would recommend to take a look at the new exam outline for a better understanding.
Also, here is the link to a live event on YouTube where Cornelius Fichtner discussed and answered questions about the new PMP exam. I'm sure you will find it helpful.

@RaidanZ
I'm sorry to hear that you feel way less confident after taking the exam simulator. If anything, I would recommend to focus on the questions you answered incorrectly, not only in terms of "areas for improvement", but specifically on trying to understand not only why the correct answer was the right one, but also why the option you chose was wrong. When I practiced with the PMPrepCast I find it very helpful.

Gabriella
3 years 5 months ago #23964

RaidanZ

in this case, I believe I have a high chance of failing because I just got a 40% in the PMP exam stimulator.
and I am scheduled to the real exam after ten days.
I was very confident before I take the exam stimulator
3 years 5 months ago #23961

Andrea Coronado

Hey! I was in a similar situation. I always scored on the 70s range (I did 5 practice tests, the highest score I had was 79%). Two weeks before my online exam, I took a deep dive to my "problem" areas (Quality, Scope, Risk). I re-read Rita's chapters while cross-referencing qith the PMBOK. I studied the data flow diagrams from the PMBOK to see how these areas connected with others. I made flashcards with key information.
I did one last practice exam 3 days before my real test - and still scored 76%.
I chose to go through with it - and passed, with AT in all areas!
From my point of view, the PrepCast simulator has questions that are very similar to the actual exam. Although I never tested above 80%, I had consistent scorings on the 70s, and I used the results to identify my knowledge gaps and address them - and I think that's the real value of the practice tests.
Good luck! It will al be worth it at the end :)
3 years 5 months ago #23954

Savvas Roumeliotis

Hi Gabriella,

Really thank you for the answer. It really covered my questions.

When I am saying "need to retake the test" , I am referring to what happens in case we fail the test.
You have to pay again the fee for the exam?
You have to wait for a certain amount of time before taking the test again or can you take it even next week?
What about the test change on January 1st 2021? Will the test be completely different?

Thanks
Savvas
3 years 5 months ago #23797

Gabriella Dellino, PMP

Hi, Savvas.

In my experience the exam simulator mimics quite well the difficulty of the real exam, particularly in terms of scenario description and phrasing. This was very important to me, as you can find many free questions online but oftentimes ambiguous and not always clearly formulated.

In the online proctored exam, there is a built-in calculator and whiteboard you will be able to use throughout the exam. Here you will find any additional information about it: home.pearsonvue.com/pmi/onvue

When you ask about the "need to retake the test", do you refer to failing to pass the exam or to technical issues or need to reschedule?

@PMP Aspirant Oct 2020, Exam test #8 focus entirely on ITTOs questions.

Gabriella
3 years 5 months ago #23795

Savvas Roumeliotis

Does anybody know the difficulty difference from the Exam simulator to the real Exams?
How much more or less difficult will the real exam be?

Moreover,
- Can we have a calculator in the exams? (You know, for the BAC, EAC, PV, CV etc questions. I guess smart phone is out of the question)
- If we need to retake the test, will we pay again the fee?

Thank you.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login