Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: Project Scope Statement - an input and an output to the create WBS process?

Project Scope Statement - an input and an output to the create WBS process? 1 month 1 week ago #22767

• Kayla Quijas
  • Kayla Quijas's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hello,

In going over the Create WBS Process, I noticed that the Project Scope Statement is not only an output of the Define Scope Process, but also it is an input AND an output of the Create WBS Process. I would understand it being an output if the output was "updated project scope statement," but that is not the case. I am not understanding how the scope statement in itself can be both an input and an output of the Create WBS Process.

Can someone shed some light on this for me? What am I missing?

Project Scope Statement - an input and an output to the create WBS process? 1 month 1 week ago #22787

• Felix Kamanga, PMP
  • Thank you received: 9
Hi Kayla,

The Project Scope Statement is an input of the Create WBS process, but it is NOT an output of that process.
Please check in your PMBOK, 5.4. Create WBS, on page 156.
Felix Kamanga, PMP
Community Moderator
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaCynthia Lim Louis, PMPTracy Shagnea, PMPGabriella Dellino, PMPPatrick Floris PhD PMPJoe PangJohn Paul BugarinAmy MartinezEmily Rivera, PMPLisa Sweeney PMPHarry ElstonMani SelvanDenver MartinEric Wanyutu Kahiga, PMPSarah FucciThiago França, PMP®Felix Kamanga, PMPChan RampersaudElena MekhanoshinaKyle Kilbride, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login