fbpx

Reply: Just for fun, but to get feedback too :)

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Just for fun, but to get feedback too :)

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
3 years 7 months ago #22739

Vivek Sharma

Thanks Mike & Gabriella for your nice inputs. So, I did perform option D by asking this question here. hehe
3 years 7 months ago #22715

Gabriella Dellino, PMP

Nice way to put it, Vivek :)

I agree with Mike, and I would also choose D.
I tend to eliminate option A because - as Mike also mentioned - you don't have to "accept the risk"; depending on the information you collected, you may be able to further analyse the specific situations and issues reported, and be prepared by developing a risk response plan that enables you to mitigate (or even avoid) the risk.

I strongly recommend to do some more research, because when I took the PMP exam I had no other choice than through the online proctored mode, unless I decided to postpone it indefinitely waiting for the testing center to reopen. And after having studied so much, that was the last thing I wanted. Very few lessons learned around (which made it easier for me to read them all, at least in this forum), after a couple of weeks it was available, and I was a bit concerned from what could have gone wrong. So I "took the risk", but not without some proper risk response planning; e.g., I set up the workspace to be compliant to all the PearsonVUE requirements, I run the system test multiple times to get familiar with the procedure and to be sure everything was working properly; I disables all notifications on my computer, as well as any automatic system updates.

Gabriella
3 years 7 months ago #22706

Mike Cheung, PMP

D

I'd be curious to know how many reviews of technical glitches and why there were technical glitches. Do these glitches apply to your specific situation? Is there a risk response plan that you can develop to mitigate or avoid this risk?

I'd also check to see how many positive reviews of using the online testing system there are. Could it be a case of selection bias?
3 years 7 months ago #22661

Vivek Sharma

You have already completed your PMP preparation and now scheduling your exam. You paid the fee and now deciding whether to take the exam online or at a test center. You have already read few bad online experiences in Prepcast forum. A fellow friend also talked about technical glitches during online exam. What will be your next step?
a) Take exam online as it is more convenient and accept the risk
b) Refer OPA, take advantage of the lesson learnt repository, and book test at the test center
c) Postpone your decision unless you get more clarity (e.g. pandemic vaccine developed)
d) Do more research

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login