fbpx

Reply: Do not take home exam with PEARSON VUE - This equals bad news

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Do not take home exam with PEARSON VUE - This equals bad news

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
3 years 10 months ago #21009

Elizabeth Harrin

I'm sorry to hear of your bad experience with the exam. Thank you for sharing your experience of the online testing with us.
3 years 10 months ago #20966

B Sal

Hi,

I took the home exam administered by PEARSON VUE, this by far was a bad idea. Had I come here first, I would have never taken the exam at home.

First, the online proctor was very rude. Second, you can't do anything such as stretching or turn right or left because they will be howling at you.

My main concern is the following. When I wanted to go to the restroom I tapped on the chat button (located on the screen) for 15 minutest and the proctor would not respond. So I got up and went to the restroom. When I came back she was all over me on the microphone telling me that I was breaking the rules. I told her that I was pressing the chat button for 15 minutes and she did not respond. I asked if I should continued and she said yes.

Finally, while almost finishing the exam I got to question 120 and clicked on the navigating button so I can go back and finalized my answers for the questions I had highlighted. To my surprise the navigator took me back to question 1 and disappeared. I could not located it anywhere on the screen. I panicked and clicked on the chat button to get a hold of the proctor, but again she would not respond.

At that point all I could do was to continue reviewing the questions starting from 1 through 120 with 10 minutes left. Which of course I manage to get to question 30 and then the exam ended. In matter of seconds I received a message letting me know I had failed my test.

Afterwards, the proctor sends me a message asking me if everything was Ok.

My final message to her was " You are in the wrong job or your system has major bugs that need fixing"

I will be calling PMP and PEARSON VUE tomorrow.

I will update this post with their answer.

Thanks for reading.

Mr.B

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login