fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: Passed on PMI-ACP Exam

Passed on PMI-ACP Exam 4 years 2 months ago #19489

• KWOK KUEN YU
  • KWOK KUEN YU's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I have got it passed on December 9. Like most of the subscribers here I used Mike Griffiths Exam Prep book and PM PrepCast simulator. I also used the PMI-ACP course provided by PM PrepCast to obtain the contact hours.
Indeed it is the most cost effective way to collect the contact hours, prior to that I was considering taking the UCI Agile course which would take me 3 full days and $800. I also earned some leadership PDU out from this course.
I passed all the domain above target, however, I only have 8 minutes left after I finished all the questions. To be honest, I thought I would have failed when I was half way through, according to the exam analysis, I guess I was lucky that only got most wrong for the excluding questions.
There are not many questions that have straight forward answers, for my case, I don't remember any questions that involve calculations. May be that was the reason I couldn't have confidence when I finished the exam.
One thing need to be mentioned is we no longer have the strikethrough function for the answers when I took the exam in Pearson VUE. I knew we have it when I took PMP in Prometric and the simulator still have it.
My journey for preparing this exam (so was the PMP) was read thru once the Mike Griffiths book (Rita Mulcahy book for PMP), which gave me the basics and mindset of taking questions, then I started to take the simulator tests. The PMBOK/Agile Guide for me is more on the reference for the ITTO, tables and like a dictionary, not helping that much on the exam.
Do use the test as an opportunity to track your time during the test, it is important to know if you are start to get behind and need to speed up which could potentially drive your tension and anxiety. 180 min for 120 questions, 30 min for 20 questions. I would write it down on the scratch paper therefore you would not be too much behind and still have time to catch up.
Don't be disappointed for not pass the simulator, review every questions and answers to understand why they are considered right or wrong.
Once I completed all 4 tests, I read again the Exam Prep book chapters and took 40 questions for each domain which I felt more comfortable time each time I spent without being too tired. With that you will catch up the missing pieces that was not clear enough. You might realized you start to remember the answers for the questions as you already seen them before, but it would still help you memorize the key concepts.
Finally I took all the 4 tests again but I found I only used half of the time and score at least 95% as I almost remember most of the questions. I wished there would be more tests in PMI-ACP simulator as there are 9 tests in the PMP simulator.
PM PrepCast is a great product that help me passed both PMP and PMI-ACP. I am properly the last one in the world who passed the PMP with PMBOK 5th edition, thanks to Cornelius or otherwise I would need to retake it with the 6th edition. :S
Hopefully there will be simulators provided from PrepCast for other PMI exams when I will be eligible to take them.

Passed on PMI-ACP Exam 4 years 2 months ago #19526

• Elizabeth Harrin
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 114
Congratulations!
---
Elizabeth Harrin

Follow: twitter.com/corneliusficht
Like: www.facebook.com/PrepCast/
Subscribe: www.project-management-podcast.com
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login