fbpx

Reply: PMI-ACP Audit Related Question For PMP Certified People

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : PMI-ACP Audit Related Question For PMP Certified People

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
4 years 10 months ago #17464

Cornelius Fichtner

OH! Now I see what you mean.

I thought your question was "if my PMI-ACP application will be audited, will my original PMP application (from when I took the PMP) be re-audited as well?"

But what you are really asking is this: "To apply for the PMI-ACP Exam you have to show that you have 2,000 hours of general project management experience. This is not necessary if you are already PMP certified. So if your PMI-ACP application gets audited, do they somehow include the PMP in this audit?".

The answer is: No they don't.

On page 6 of the PMI-ACP Handbook, we see the following: "For those who hold a PMP and/or PgMP certifications, PMI has already verified you have exceeded the project experience requirements. In other words, PMP and/or PgMP certification holders will be accepted as fulfilling the general project experience requirements."

So what PMI will do is to check their records to make sure that you are truly PMP certified. But nothing beyond that.
4 years 10 months ago #17463

Anonymous

's Avatar

Hi Corenelius,
I am not sure I quite understood your answer. If the PMI-ACP application gets audited are you advising that only that will be audited ? The PMP satisfies the criteria for general project experience, therefore would that also be subject to the audit as it is part of the application? Does that make sense?
4 years 10 months ago #17459

Cornelius Fichtner

PMI does not select YOU for an audit. Instead, PMI selects YOUR APPLICATION for an audit.

So if PMI selects your PMI-ACP Exam application for an audit, then only the content of this particular application will be audited.
4 years 10 months ago #17457

Anonymous

's Avatar

If one applies for the PMI-ACP while already being certified as a PMP, and the PMI-ACP gets selected for an audit, would that result in an audit of the PMP, the projects submitted for PMP, or is this strictly related to the Agile experience only in such a scenario?

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login