fbpx

Reply: Passed with "above target" for all topic areas on PMI-ACP Exam

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed with "above target" for all topic areas on PMI-ACP Exam

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
5 years 3 months ago #15883

tandy camilli

's Avatar

Thanks again!! You guys rock!! Tandy
5 years 3 months ago #15873

Jonathan Hebert - Teacher

Tandy,

Congratulations on this important career milestone! Thank you for such a positive and thorough lessons learned and for your thoughtful
and constructive feedback. We so appreciate when a customer is as helpful and professional as you were when you left Live Feedback through the simulator.
Stas is a very knowledgeable and helpful part of the team and we often get praise for his efforts and you had the dream team in Yazmine and Stas. Again Congratulations time to celebrate and thank you again for sharing with us that our products and services factored in your success. We are "partners" with our customer and you made our day!
Best wishes for the future.

Jonathan Hebert
5 years 3 months ago #15844

Stan Po - Admin

Dear Tandy,

Congratulations on passing your exam!

Thank you for sharing your success and lessons learned. I remember the valuable inputs that you submitted through our simulator’s Live Feedback™ support feature. We are glad to hear that our products helped you prepare for and pass your exam.

Good luck in all your future endeavors.
5 years 3 months ago #15840

Tandy Camilli

's Avatar

Thank you so much, especially to your very kind Exam Simulator Response Team, for all of your help in aiding in my successful exam experience. My strategy echoes most of the successful individuals here. Even though I had practiced Scrum professionally for many years I found i absolutely necessary to study for this exam. Most of the questions were situational, and a lot of them centered on ensuring that you understood the very fine lines between roles and responsibilities across the Agile team. I can give you an example that was definitely not on my exam - "A newly formed Scrum team is finding out that the Product Owner must leave permanently due to health reasons. What is the best course of action?" And it would give a lot of options that you would have to reason through extremely carefully. As you can see this is not a "memorization" exam although you certainly need to have memorized the basics that they recommend such as the Agile Manifesto. It is more about being able to interpret them according to the way of "Agile Thinking." Key to the exam is to take a bunch of practice exams so that you build up your ability to sit for 120 of these difficult questions and reason them out carefully over a three hour period. I ran out of time to check all of my answers - there were about 20 questions I didn't have time to go through a second time - but I made sure that I carefully went through as fast as possible the first round of questions so that I had time to answer every question at least once in a qualitative way. That is an important test taking strategy. I did not take a course, I just read books, but I studied many hours a day for about 6 weeks. As far as study material, I would recommend first, Mike Griffith's book (read twice) for the basics, then the Head First for situational help, then all of the exams you can possibly cram in, from these sources as well as from those listed online such as Edward Chung's blog. Don't make the mistake of thinking the exams (such as this simulator) are "nice to haves" because I don't think you can be successful without practicing taking the exams and carefully studying the reasons you got each answer incorrect. I personally found the PMI-ACP exam to be harder than the PMP, which I also have taken and passed first time, because the PMP material is less interpretive and to me is more memorization based. This exam is almost 95 % interpretation and that to me is much tougher. Good luck everyone!!

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login