fbpx

Reply: PMI-ACP Lessons Learned

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : PMI-ACP Lessons Learned

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
6 years 1 month ago #13304

John

's Avatar

Great experience and I'm very thankful for this forum and the PrepCast materials!
The Exam went well - I was able to clear the test. I used a few study materials.
- PM PreCast audio podcast: This was extremely valuable in getting deeper in my studies. I would recommend this after you get a foundation or overview of the ACP principles. I also use it to "spot study" my weak areas (how did I know my weak areas? the Cornelius Fichtner test question and answer bank...
-- The PM PrepCast question and answer bank is "The best" I have ever experienced. I was able to slice and dice my questions anyway you can think of for precision study. You can easily find your weak areas and specifically focus on those. Most questions banks have very few questions and you end up repeating questions you already know giving you a false sense of knowledge. Cornelius' test, you can specifically answer questions that you have not answered! His test are more difficult than others, but if you obtain a steady 70% or above you should be okay.
-- Andy Crowe prep course: I used his course to laydown my foundation. His book is very easy to understand and give you exactly what you need! I would not rely only on his book because it is basic and his test questions are a little easier than Mr. Fichtner; however the exam questions are very scenario based just like Andy Crowe's. On Andy's tests I was hitting around 80-90% consistently before my exam.
-- On my exam -- I used all my time. I think I started out too slow, over reading the questions; toward the end of the exam I found my flow and was able to really see the AGILE principles and could basically narrow the answers down to two without reading the question!
-- really understand the ACP principles and mindset - if you don't the test will be difficult.

Good luck, I really think this certification and knowledge is a value use of time and effort!.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login