fbpx

Reply: PASSED PMI-ACP on FIRST Try - Lessons Learned - 10/20/17

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : PASSED PMI-ACP on FIRST Try - Lessons Learned - 10/20/17

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
6 years 5 months ago #12244

Stan Po - Admin

Dear Jacqueline,

Congratulations on passing your exam!

Thank you for sharing your success and lessons learned. We are glad to hear that our products helped you prepare for and pass your exam.

Good luck in all your future endeavors.
6 years 5 months ago #12243

Jacqueline Gibbs

After using PM PrepCast to facilitate my preparation for my PMP exam, I knew I could count on this resource again as I prepared for my PMI-ACP Exam.

I used the PMI-ACP Exam Prep book by Mike Griffiths and PM PrepCast as my main resources. I also used some free test prep questions, but found the PM PrepCast simulator to provide the most value.

Here is what I did to successfully pass the examination:

1. Read Mike Griffiths' book and took copious notes so that I could carry them to work with me. Whenever I had free time at work, I studied my notes.
2. After I finished Mike's book, I took every test question after each chapter. Of course, my scores were not where I wanted them to be.
3. I took several weeks to study my notes exclusively.
4. I then began to take the free test questions I could find on the internet. (Some good quality - others not)!
5. I signed up for the free sample questions from PM Prepcast about 3 weeks before I was scheduled to take the exam.
6. I went back to Mike Griffith's book and then took every test again - comparing them to the first try. The results were much better!
7. I purchased the PM PrepCast simulator and took the exams during my last two weeks of preparation... My first results were pretty dismal as I was on scoring around 62%.
8. I then began to evaluate each wrong answer and determine why I missed it.
9. Finally, I took 3 of the full exams again and my scores increased. The last couple of nights I only did quizzes by domain and I was averaging around 90%, so I knew I was ready.

I found that the questions on the exam to be very similar to the PM simulator questions. I took about 2 hours to complete the exam because I took my time and read each question thoroughly to ensure I had a good understand of what was being asked. In total preparation time, it took me about 2 1/2 months from start to finish! It was time well spent! My scores were ABOVE TARGET for EVERY domain!!!!

Thank you PM PrepCast for helping me to achieve another milestone in my career development path! Your products have never failed me.

NOTE: To all PMI-ACP aspirants... You Can Do This! The exam isn't difficult - but some of the questions are a bit tricky! Good luck everyone.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login