fbpx

Reply: Passed the PMI-ACP 8/8/2017

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed the PMI-ACP 8/8/2017

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
6 years 7 months ago #11617

Stan Po - Admin

Dear Derek,

Congratulations on passing your exam!

Thank you for sharing your success and lessons learned. We are glad to hear that our products helped you prepare and pass your exam.

Good luck in all your future endeavors.
6 years 7 months ago #11486

Derek Aten

I passed the PMI-ACP exam today with above target in all 7 domains.

The exam was difficult because it was all situational questions. I would recommend going over the topic of risk, I was surprised on how many questions were on this topic.
There were a lot of questions about how to educate the organization on agile practices, burn charts, and stakeholder stewardship/management. You can get away with reading the prep exam guide by Griffin, and be in good shape for the exam.

The exam had a calculator application, which was used once to check my work on velocity. I would recommend crossing out the answers that are easily wrong while vetting through the others. You can also highlight key facts about the question, for Example, the team lead, ... this helped me hyper focus on the target audience for the question.

I would recommend reading the reference books and applying the tools and techniques. The books are great and will bring you to the next level with your agile development.

Reference books I read
  • Kaban in Action
  • Coaching Agile Teams
  • Agile Retrospectives
  • Kanban, Successful Evolutionary change for your Technology Business
  • User Stories Applied
  • Agile Estimating and Planning

Exam Prep Guides
  • PMI-ACP Exam Prep, Second Edition: A Course in a Book for Passing the PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP) Exam
  • The PMI-ACP Exam: How To Pass On Your First Try, Iteration 2 (Test Prep series)

Videos
  • Agile Prep Cast
  • Pluralsight.com

Exam Simulator
I was originally having issues finding 2-3 hours to dedicate to the exams.
I completed 30 questions a day and completed 1-2 exams on the weekend for 2 months.
  • Prepcast Exam Eimulator

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login