fbpx

Reply: Passed the PMI-ACP

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed the PMI-ACP

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
4 years 7 months ago #18176

Jenikka Ebias

Hi Jeffrey,

Congratulations on passing the PMI-ACP Exam! Thank you for sharing the steps you took preparing for the exam. We wish you all the best in your future endeavors! Have a great day :)
4 years 7 months ago #18171

Manish Sharma

's Avatar

Hi Jeff,
I saw your note below for PMI-ACP exam and interested to know if i need to read both "Exam Prep" and "PMI-ACP workbook" for the exam. Is there any duplicacy in content or they are totally different? I started preparing for the exam and looking for your advice. Would highly appreciate your quick response!!

Thank you in advance.
Manish.
6 years 8 months ago #11271

JeffreyT

Hello everyone,

I cleared the PMI-ACP exam this past weekend with 6 AT and 1 T. The following are the steps I used to prep.

1) Prepcast: I watched all the videos to for the 21 contact hours, more importantly these videos allowed me to get a big picture idea of what was being tested.

2) Mike Griffiths Exam Prep: I read this book twice. The first time I read it then did the end of chapter quizzes, the second time was a straight read through. This refined my understanding from the prepcast, it also reduced subjects/area to study. I.e the Prepcast discussed the Crystal method however since the book lightly brought this up, I didn't study the Crystal method at all.

3) Mike Griffiths' PMI-ACP workbook: I read this twice. The first time I read and did all the end of chapter activities and quizzes, the second time I read it and did just the quizzes. This is a FANTASTIC workbook, it only gives you the subjects that you need to study for the exam. I.e the workbook does not go through EVM, ROI, NPV, and IRR, these were not asked during the exam. The quizzes are also really well written, a lot more harder than the questions in the exam prep. This workbook ONLY goes through the subjects that you'll be tested on.

4) RMC Test questions: Great test questions, roughly 500 questions total. Most questions are short with one or two sentences, this will give you a really good idea of how the actually tests will be like. My avg was 78% through 500 questions.

5) PMTraining.com 1000 questions: Colossal waste of time. Most questions are repetitive and you wont be tested on it.

6) Exam Simulator: My four scores were 60%, 71%, 50%, and 60%. I found that these questions were harder than the actual exam. What I got most from these practices is how to dissect the question, quickly eliminate wrong answers, testing under pressure, and time managing. The explanation for the questions are also well written and really added to my understanding.

I hope these steps can help the next person pass their test. Good luck!

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login