fbpx

Reply: Passed my PMI -ACP today!!!

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed my PMI -ACP today!!!

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
6 years 8 months ago #11161

Sumathy Nellaiyappan

Appreciate your prompt reply Peter! Helps to know this feedback. Thank you!
6 years 8 months ago #11151

Peter Huang

Hi Sumathy -

I was averaging around 70% on Prepcast (except once when I got around 75%).
With these averages I got above target on 6 out of 7 domains and on target with 1 domain.

The key was reviewing every question I got wrong and including the ones I wasn't sure about but got right.
Sometimes this was over half the test!
I reviewed why every wrong answer choice was wrong as well and wrote notes and read up more on the topic from my reference books.

Hope this helps and good luck in your studies and the exam!
6 years 8 months ago #11110

Sumathy Nellaiyappan

Congratulations Peter! Thank you for posting your lessons learned and tips. Very helpful! Do you mind telling how much % you got in the Prepecast simulator exams? Trying to understand how do these simulator exams compare to the real exam questions in terms of difficulty level. Thanks in advance!
6 years 8 months ago #11093

Stan Po - Admin

Dear Peter,

Congratulations on passing your exam!

Thank you for sharing your success and lessons learned. I remember your valuable inputs that you submitted through our simulator Live Feedback™ support feature. We are glad to hear that our products helped you prepare and pass your exam.

Now it’s time to celebrate your success. Don't forget to start earning your PDU’s.

Good luck in all your future endeavors.
6 years 8 months ago #11092

Peter Huang

I passed my exam today!!!
I got above target in every domain except domain 6 adaptive planning in which I got on target.

The two books I'd say are definitely needed to buy are the same as everyone is saying - Mike Griffith and Andy Crowe.

I'm from a non-software background - so Andy Crowe's book was excellent in giving a nice intro overview of Agile (if you're already experienced, Andy Crowes book is not as essential).

I read both books about two times.
I then took all the paper exams in the books and reviewed my answers, wrote notes, and studied all my mistakes and the ones I got right but wasn't sure about.

What really took my studying to the next level was the Prepcast simulator exams - these are tough.
I would say these were significantly more difficult than the real thing and really helped me re-adjust my studies.
It really helped me zero in on my gaps in knowledge and misunderstandings.
I took notes on all the questions I got wrong and the ones I got right but wasn't really sure about.
I studied these notes over and over again and cross reference my gaps in knowledge wth the books I had.

I then re-read the books a few times and with the lens of having taken the simulator exams I absorbed a whole lot more.

Another excelllent website was the edwardesigner website. His notes on the seven domains are quite excellent and helpful.

I also read almost every single post on this forum and got a lot of good advice and encouragement from reading others' experiences.

Thank you to everyone in this forum and especially to the agile Prepcast team for such awesome simulator exams!

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login