fbpx

Reply: Passed my PMP Today! First Try!! Lessons Learned

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed my PMP Today! First Try!! Lessons Learned

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
6 years 9 months ago #11078

Subhendu Majumdar

's Avatar

Can you please share the link from which you purchased the PMI prep-cast material?
6 years 10 months ago #10737

Mark Wuenscher, PMP

Dawn,

Congrats on passing the exam and thank you for taking your time to post your exam preparation and exam experience to the forum. I wish you all the best as a new PMP!

Cheers,

Mark
6 years 10 months ago #10690

Dawn Harpole

I went through the PMP Prep-cast program about 4 months ago, and a few weeks ago I purchased the Prepcast Simulator (First lesson learned, should have purchased the simulator back when I purchased the course! Totally worth the investment and prepared me like no other product did).

I was getting 75% consistently (very annoyingly so, as I got either a 75% or a 76% on every one of the 8 exams). I was nervous about not hitting 80%.

I got to the prometric center and the security measures were inline with what I expected. I could not do my brain dump prior to the test beginning but took 20 mins of the exam time to do it anyway. It helped in the practice exam, so I felt it was worth it. My brain dump had all formulas, the Process Group/KA matrix and inputs/outputs for WPD, WPI, and WPR (good call on the last one).

A lot fewer network diagram and formula related questions then I was expecting. A lot more communication questions then I was expecting. I finished with a half hour to spare and reviewed my marked questions and completed the exam with 15 mins to spare.

I did the survey at the end because I honestly did not think I passed. Some questions I had never heard of (assume those were the 25 sample ones that didn't count). A bunch seemed too easy (second guessed myself but refused to change my answers) and I struggled with Procurement (which was my weak spot going in).

I hit the end survey button and Congratulations was the first thing that I saw!! Super relieved!! I got moderately proficient in Initiating. Proficient in Planning, Executing, and Monitor and Controlling, and Below Proficient in Closing (Thank you Procurement Closing questions).

I bought just about every PMP prep book out there but the PMP Prepcast (being able to listen and relisten to the podcasts to and home from work) and the simulator were what made it possible to pass. Thank you for you products and services!

Biggest lesson learned from me is to give yourself time when you take the simulator 200 question exams. The format and ability to review and retest in weak areas is priceless. I have seen people say take every practice exam you can get your hands on...I would say pick one or two and spend your time using the tools available to retest and study your weak areas. It's a much better use of time!

Dawn Harpole, PMP :)

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login